Iberdrola cookies policy
What are cookies and web beacons
Cookies are small files and devices that are installed in the user's browser in order to upload, retrieve or update data. They allow the responsible of the website know the preferences of users when they browse by the website and personalize offered services based in those preferences.
In www.iberdrola.es we use own and third-party cookies that allow us analyses the use and measurement to ensure that our website works correctly and to improve our services.
The third party cookies that IBERDROLA use to obtain information of the visits, measuring and analyze web browsing and personalize some services, are property of Google Universal Analytics, Whisbi, Inbenta and Optimizely. In the case of Google Universal Analytics, Whisbi, Inbenta and Optimizely, they have access to the data collected by their devices.
Meanwhile, web beacons are similar technologies that are also installed in the user's browser for different purposes. They are small graphic images (also called "pixel tags" or "GIFs") that can be include in the web, services, applications, messages and tools sites. In www.iberdrola.es we only use own web beacons to track traffic.
Types of cookies
Depending on their purpose, cookies can be:
- Technical Cookies: there are necessary for browse. Without them the site would not work properly (cookies of "user entrance" for online shopping, multimedia player session, etc.).
- Customization or configuration Cookies: they allow the site recognize the user's language, the letter size, etc.
- Safety Cookies: they prevent attacks against the website or its users.
- Analytical Cookies: they measure the activity of the user’s and prepare statistics of the browse.
- Advertising Cookies: they manage the frequency and content of the advertisements.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they upload information about users to show them customize advertisements.
If you want to delete cookies and web beacons that are already installed in your computer, you can use your browser. You can do it going to the help menu of your browser and there you can find the steps to remove them. For more information:
Cookies that we use
There are different types of cookies on our website and we use them for different purposes. The different cookies that we use are the followings:
- Own cookies
- JSESSIONID: Cookie that identify the user session. It lasts 3000 milliseconds.
- LanguageSiteIberdrolaCookie: The objective of this cookie is to show the contents of the website with the latest changes. The possible values are "es" and "en".
- leyAnticookies: It will generate for all users who accepts IBERDROLA´s cookies policy. It lasts 1 year.
- NS_02sica, NS_webibd, NS_pagares and NS_autcomer: They help to increase server´s capacity in the web. Once logged out, the cookies expire.
- sb-installed: it is a cookie to control from mobile devices, if you've downloaded the Application. If not, it shows you a banner to access to the market and download the Application. It lasts 90 days.
- CSRF: Technical cookie that verifies if the petition of the server comes from a legitimate user. It lasts 1 year.
- Third party cookies
- _ga: Analytical cookies that quantify the number of users and allow measurement and statistical analysis.
- WHSDATA and the cookies w, p, n y e: Cookies that allows personalize the user experience on future visits. They have an average duration of 20 years
The Inbenta service included in www.iberdrola.es uses PHPSESSID cookie to keep active user session and remember his queries or the selected language. It lasts 24 minutes.
- GOOGLE UNIVERSAL ANALYTICS
_ga: it uses an anonymous identifier to distinguish anonymous users and to analyse users interactions in the application in order to optimize the services offered. It lasts 2 years.
_gat: It is used to differentiate between the different tracking objects created in the session. It lasts 10 minutes.
For more information about the cookies of Google Analytics, please review Google Analytics cookies policy.
The Optimizely service included at www.iberdrola.es/clientes uses various cookies to detect user browser types and identify web browsing patterns. For further information regarding how Optimizely uses collected data: http://www.optimizely.com/privacy.
The cookies used are:
- optimizelyEndUserID: Contains the unique end user ID. It lasts up to 10 years.
- optimizelySegments: It stores information regarding the characteristics and type of user information such as browser, campaign, device type, configuration and source type. This cookie lasts for up to 10 years.
- optimizelyBuckets: It stores information of the experiments and page variations launched for each user. This cookie lasts for up to 10 years.
- optimizelyRedirect and optimizelyPendingLogEvents:They are used as a cache of a user's action between tracking calls. These cookies expire in 5 and 15 seconds, respectivetly.
These cookies do not gather personal information of the user. You can nevertheless avoid using them or opt out by following the instructions to do so at http://www.optimizely.com/opt_out.
English and Basque translation
The information and documentation available on this web site in English and Basque is provided for informational purposes only. In the event of a discrepancy between the content of the English version and Basque version and the original Spanish version the latter shall prevail.