Luminous flux regulator
Offer, Regulations ...
Offer: IBERDROLA HELPS YOU SAVE WHILE LOOKING AFTER THE ENVIRONMENT
Luminous flux regulators with voltage stabilisation are centralised systems that are installed at the head end of the street and road lighting supply (next to the electrical panels). They perform two functions:
- They stabilise the voltage supplied to the lights and auxiliary equipment at the normal pre-set value.
- They regulate the luminosity of all of the lights connected to each control cabinet, allowing it to be reduced by 50% during pre-determined periods (by lowering the voltage supplied to the lights by up to 175-195 V).
The power rating for mass-produced equipment generally goes up to 90 kVA, but custom-designed equipment can be manufactured for higher power ratings.
Taking into account the minimum voltage that they can reach, the use of high-pressure mercury vapour or sodium vapour lamps is recommended. They should not be used with metal halide lamps.
Luminous flux regulators reduce energy usage and light pollution, adapting the lighting level to pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
Generally speaking and for reasons of profitability, in outdoor lighting supplies payoff is usually quicker:
- The greater the installed power.
- When all the lamps are high pressure sodium vapour.
- In the case of three-phase supplies with 3x400/230 V voltage.
- When the subscribed power is more than 15 kW.
- On the other hand, the payoff period becomes excessively long, regardless of the power, when the supply voltage is 3x230 V.
If you sign up with Iberdrola you also benefit from an exceptional service:
- Two free annual preventive checks during the first 3 years.
- Equipment supplied by top manufacturers.
- Wide range of equipment in terms of power, voltage and capacity to withstand the elements.
- Three-year warranty for components and installation.
- An increase in the useful life of the lamps.
- Voltage stabilisation during the hours of greater urban activity.
- Tailor-sized for each street lighting panel.
Regulations: FIND OUT ALL THE DETAILS OF THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY REGULATIONS
Royal Decree 1890/2008, dated 14 November, approved the Energy Efficiency Regulations for outdoor lighting installations, as well as its complementary technical instructions.
It applies to outdoor lighting installations with more than 1 kW of installed power, both new and existing, which undergo major expansion or changes (more than 50% of the power or the installed light fittings).
It requires reducing the level of illumination in street, specific and ornamental lighting installations, as well as signs and illuminated notice boards with an installed power of more than 5 kW (unless, for safety reasons, it is not advisable). The following systems can be applied:
- Inductive serial ballasts for double power level.
- Regulators-stabilisers at the line head.
- Electronic ballasts with adjustable power.
The regulation system must enable the emitted flow to be reduced by up to 50% of the normal service value, maintaining uniformity of lighting levels.