Efficient high-performance motors
Service, Legislation ...
Service: COMPLETE SERVICE WITH SAVING COMMITMENT
We offer you a complete efficient drive motor service to improve efficiency and achieve considerable energy savings:
- An energy audit that includes a visit to the installation for collecting data and taking measurements.
- Report showing the energy and economic results obtained through the implementation of the proposed motors.
- Replacement of conventional drive motors with high-efficiency units: Ecomotors.
- Installation, connection, testing and commissioning.
- Training on the operation and maintenance of the equipment.
The advantages of this Iberdrola service are:
- Comprehensive service: advice, supply, assembly and user training.
- Commitment to achieve the saving estimated in the energy audit.
- Convenience and peace of mind, we act as your single point of contact.
- We have detailed knowledge of electricity consumption.
- We partner with leading companies worldwide in the field of electric motors.
Iberdrola offers solutions to reduce energy consumption and CO2 emissions, thus contributing to protect the environment and optimise energy usage.
Legislation: FIND OUT ABOUT ALL THE LEGAL ASPECTS
The European Union has approved Directive 2005/32/CE in order to reduce the energy consumption of electric induction motors and therefore their CO2 emission ratio.
It is based on standard IEC 60034-30, that defines the following new efficiency classes, which are mandatory in the EU for the manufacture of induction motors: “IE1: Standard efficiency”; “IE2: High efficiency” and “IE3: Premium efficiency”, which replace the existing “EFF 1” and “EFF 2” classes.
Since 16 June 2011, sales of all “IE1: Standard efficiency” motors are prohibited in the EU, and they must be at least “IE2: High efficiency” class.
Beginning on 1 January 2015, the use of IE3 class (or IE2 + variator) equipment will be mandatory for power ratings ranging from 7.5 to 375 kW.
Beginning on 1 January 2017, the use of class equipment will be mandatory for power ratings ranging from 0.75 to 375 kW.