Payment Protection for Self-Employed Workers
Guarantee the payment of your electricity and gas bills in difficult times
Unemployment or temporary disability
With the Payment Protection Plus insurance we help you pay your electricity and gas bills in difficult times, such as:
|Death from any cause||¤1,980|
|Permanent and absolute disability||¤1,980|
|Temporary disability||¤165 for each complete period of 30 days of absolute temporary disability with a maximum of 12 consecutive months per event or up to 18 accumulated months per Insured Party for different events.|
The amount of the compensation will be used by Iberdrola to create a credit in the electricity and/or natural gas supply contract associated with the insurance policy, so you will pay nothing for your bills related to the insured contract until the compensation balance has been used up.
If you are interested, we also have a Payment Protection Insurance for your home.
Death from any cause
INFORMATION ON INSURANCE COMPANIES
This insurance product is underwritten by METLIFE EUROPE d.a.c Spanish Branch and by METLIFE EUROPE INSURANCE d.a.c. Sucursal en España both with headquarters at Avenida de los Toreros, nº3, 28028 Madrid. Both entities are jointly referred to as METLIFE.
METLIFE EUROPE d.a.c. Spanish Branch (hereinafter METLIFE EUROPE), with Tax ID Number: W-0072536-F, registered at the General Directorate of Insurance under code E-0208.
MetLife Europe Limited provides the following cover: Death, total and permanent disability, temporary disability, and hospitalisation.
METLIFE EUROPE is a legally constituted company established in Ireland, with headquarters at "20 On Hatch", Lower Hatch Street, Dublin 2 (Ireland), registered in the Irish Trade Register under number 415123 and with Irish Tax ID Number IE-6435123T.
METLIFE EUROPE d.a.c. Spanish Branch (hereinafter METLIFE EUROPE INSURANCE), with Tax ID Number: W-0072537-D, registered at the General Directorate of Insurance under code E-0209.
METLIFE EUROPE INSURANCE underwrites the Unemployment cover.
METLIFE EUROPE INSURANCE is a legally constituted company established in Ireland, with headquarters at "20 On Hatch", Lower Hatch Street, Dublin 2 (Ireland), registered in the Irish Trade Register under number 472359 and with Irish Tax ID Number IE-9703775K.
The authority governing METLIFE EUROPE and METLIFE EUROPE INSURANCE is the Central Bank of Ireland, with headquarters at North Wall Quay, Spencer Dock, PO Box 11517, Dublin 1 - Ireland-).
INFORMATION ABOUT THE BROKER
The exclusive METLIFE agent shall be Iberdrola Servicios Energéticos S.A.U. (hereinafter the BROKER), with Tax ID Number: A-85957520, with headquarters in Madrid, C/Tomás Redondo, 1.28033 and registered in the registries of the General Directorate of Insurance and Pension Funds (DGSFP) under number E0208A85957520. Iberdrola Servicios Energéticos, S.A.U. has no direct or indirect stake in, and is not directly or indirectly under the complete or partial control of either insurance company.
LEGISLATION APPLICABLE TO THE INSURANCE CONTRACT
This policy is governed by Law 50/1980, of 8th October, on Insurance Contracts, by Law 20/2015, of 14th July, on the Management, Supervision and Solvency of Insurers and Reinsurers, by Royal Decree 1060/2015, on the Organisation, Supervision and Solvency of Insurance and Reinsurance Entities, as well as by the contract's General, Special and Specific Terms and Conditions and by the rules which may replace or modify current regulations in the future.
In accordance with current regulations, you may lodge complaints and claims related to your insurance contract or the activities of your broker through the following channels:
- Written document directed to the Customer Service Department whose regulations are available to the interested party at the offices of the Insurance Entity or on the Web site www.metlife.es.
- Furthermore, any disputes which arise may be resolved through administrative procedures with the General Directorate of Insurance and Pension Funds at the behest of the Insurance Policy Holder, Insured Party, Beneficiary, Injured third party or holder of the rights of any of these.
- In general, all disputes will be resolved by the competent judges and courts.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
METLIFE EUROPE and METLIFE EUROPE INSURANCE, in their role as the insurance companies, and IBERDROLA CLIENTES, S.A.U., as the collective insurance underwriter, are responsible for the processing of your data relative to the payment protection insurance.
You may contact our Data Protection Officer either by means of a written communication addressed to the registered office of METLIFE, indicating in the reference "Data Protection Officer", or by e-mail addressed to email@example.com.
For what purposes will your personal data be processed?
Processing will be automated, and the data will be processed for the following purposes:
- To carry out a risk assessment of your application.
- To enforce compliance and implementation of the contractual relationship.
- To carry out actions to prevent, detect and prosecute fraud.
- To exercise the rights of the owners of said data.
Under what authority is the data processed?
Pursuant to the execution of a contract.
Who are the recipients of your data?
Your personal data will be processed by the data controllers while the service contracted by you subsists.
Your data may be disclosed to the insurance broker, Iberdrola Servicios Energéticos S.A.U., for the purposes indicated above. It may also be disclosed to institutions that collaborate with the insurance sector for statistical purposes and to combat fraud, as well as to persons or entities for risk assessment purposes, to investigate accidents, or for co-insurance or reinsurance purposes.
How long is your data stored?
Your personal data will be stored throughout the duration of the service contracted; notwithstanding the corresponding blocking obligations in accordance with current regulations, and will only be made available to Judges and Courts. When said blocking period has elapsed, your personal data will be eliminated.
What are your rights?
You may exercise, either by means of a written notice addressed to METLIFE, Avda. de los Toreros, 3 28028 - Madrid, or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating in the reference "Data Protection", attaching a photocopy of your national identification document, at any time and free of charge, the following rights:
- To revoke the consent given for the processing of your personal data. To this end, please note that the revocation of the consent given for the processing of your personal data will imply the termination of the contractual relationship between the parties.
- To revoke any other consent given.
- To obtain information on whether or not your personal data is being processed.
- To access your personal data.
- To correct inexact or incomplete data.
- To request the elimination of your data when, inter alia, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- To limit the processing of your data when any of the conditions established in the data protection legislation is present.
- Under certain circumstances, and for reasons related to your specific situation relative to the processing of your data, you may challenge the processing of your data.
- To request the portability of your data.
- To file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency, to be sent to the following address: Calle Jorge Juan, 6, 28001 Madrid, when you believe that the company METLIFE has infringed upon your rights as bestowed by the data protection regulation.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the concerned party may, at any time, contact the Data Protection Officer of METLIFE, whose contact details are email@example.com
RIGHT OF DISCONTINUANCE
The Insured Party is entitled to opt out of this Insurance Contract within thirty calendar days following receipt of this contractual documentation. Discontinuance shall be by phoning 900 225 235.
The purpose of this Summary of Conditions of the IBERDROLA Payments Protection Insurance consisting in the adherence of the Iberdrola Supply Contract customer (hereinafter the "Policyholder" or "Insured Party") to the Group Policy promoted between IBERDROLA CLIENTES, S.A.U. (hereinafter, "IBERDROLA") and the Insurance Companies (hereinafter METLIFE), to benefit from cover with the scope and conditions described below. The aforementioned policies are in the possession of the Promoter of the Insurance and METLIFE and freely available to the Insured Parties and may be viewed on the IBERDROLA website, www.iberdrola.es, Products and Services, Billing and Payment Services, Payment Protection, in the Terms and Conditions tab.
As the Underwriter of the Insurance, and always acting in the best interests of the Insured Parties, IBERDROLA may seek to modify the terms and conditions of the Group Policy or replace the Insurance Companies, duly communicating such changes to the Insured Parties.
PROMOTER OF THE INSURANCE
The promoter of the Insurance Policy shall be IBERDROLA CLIENTES, S.A.U., with Tax ID Number: A-95758389, registered address at Plaza Euskadi 5, 48009 Bilbao (Bizkaia) and address for taxation purposes at C/ Tomás Redondo 1, 28033 Madrid.
BENEFICIARY OF THE POLICY
The Beneficiary for all cover shall irrevocably be IBERDROLA CLIENTES, S.A.U.
The amount of compensation shall be used by IBERDROLA to create a credit in the electricity and/or natural gas Contract held by the Insured Party and covered by the insurance. In the case of cover for Death, in the event of the absence of other family members of the Insured Party living in his or her home, the referred to benefit may be used, but only by one of his or her legal heirs and for the aforementioned supply or another Iberdrola supply.
PREMIUM AND PREMIUM PAYMENT
The Policyholder/Insured Party agrees to take responsibility for making premium payments, the amounts of which are established in the Particular Conditions of the Contract. The price shall be updated annually according to the variation of the Consumer Price Index (hereinafter CPI) on 1 January of subsequent years while the contract is in force, with the variation corresponding to the RPI, including the reassessment of the insured capital. The CPI shall be calculated according to the actual accrued value, for the November-to-November period of the year before the application of the increase, of the general CPI published by the Spanish National Institute for Statistics.
The insurance is established through the payment of individual monthly, bi-monthly, or tri-monthly premiums for each of the Insured Parties based on the appropriate rates. The premium will be included in the electricity and/or gas invoice.
The cover provided by this Policy shall become effective, as long as the Insured Party fulfils the Conditions for Membership, on the same day as the supply of electricity and/or natural gas contract held with IBERDROLA, and to which the insurance is linked, becomes effective, except if the insurance has been contracted for a date after the supply of electricity and/or natural gas, in which case cover will become effective at the time this Insurance is Contracted.
This insurance shall remain current as long as: the collective policy is in effect (in the event of cancellation of the collective policy, the cover for each individual Insured Party shall be cancelled on the same date as the end of the corresponding cover period with the last premium payment by the Insured Party); the premium is paid; no compensation has been paid out as a result of the cover for death, or total and permanent disability; the supply contract remains current; and the Insured Party is younger than the maximum age stipulated in each one of the policies. The Insured Party is authorised to cancel the insurance whenever they deem appropriate, on provision of at least 30 days notice in writing.
CONDITIONS FOR TERMINATION OF THE CONTRACT
Membership of the Collective Policy shall be terminated as a result of:
Non-payment of the Premium within established periods (art. 15 of the Insurance Contract Act).
Withholding or inaccuracy of information on the declaration by the Insured Party (Art. 12; Art. 89 and Art. 90 of the Insurance Contract Act).
Voluntary termination on the part of the Insured Party, by providing notice to IBERDROLA or Insurance Entities at least 30 days in advance.
Voluntary termination on the part of the Insurance Entities, by providing notice to the Insured Party at least 60 days in advance.
COMMUNICATION OF CLAIMS
Events of death, total and permanent disability, temporary disability, unemployment, hospitalisation, should contact METLIFE, as soon as possible, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), on freephone number +34 900 201 040, during the hours of 09.00 to 21.00, or by Fax (+34 91 725 32 93).
For the processing of the claim the beneficiary or legal heirs shall present to MetLife the claim declaration form and attach, based on the specific cover concerned, the following documentation:
Original Copy of the Death Certificate
- Total and Permanent Disability
Original of the Proposal and Decision of the Social Security administration in which the permanent disability is declared total
Letter of dismissal
Unemployment request in which the beneficiary is shown as the seeker of employment, or proof of receiving the unemployment benefit.
- Temporary Disability
Initial leave form
Leave confirmation forms
Medical certificate in which the start date (diagnostic) of the ailment that has resulted in temporary disability is shown
Work history certificate at the date of the event resulting in the claim
Medical report of admission into hospital indicating diagnostic, the treatment received and the dates of admission and release (with times of entry into and exit from hospital)
Work history certificate at the date of the event resulting in the claim.
In case of accident, first aid certificate and/or complete legal proceedings.
Compensation resulting from cover under this insurance contract shall be subject to tax in accordance with legislation current at the time.
All money amounts shall be calculated, and all premiums and benefits shall be paid in the Spanish currency in force at the time of payment.
SUMMARY OF THE SPECIAL CONDITIONS FOR THE PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE FOR SELF-EMPLOYED PROFESSIONALS UNDER POLICY 40.127
Membership terms and conditions:
The following conditions must be met by individuals to be eligible to receive this insurance cover:
- Appear as the holder on record of the electricity and/or natural gas supply contract issued by IBERDROLA.
- Be over 18 years of age and less than 65 years of age.
- Be working actively as a self-employed professional
- Not be a disabled person or in the process of applying for disability status with the competent official bodies.
- Be a resident of Spain.
Cover provided by METLIFE EUROPE:
- Death resulting from any cause. The amount of onetime compensation shall be that indicated in the Particular Conditions of the Policy.
- Total and Permanent Disability: For the purposes of this insurance, Total and Permanent Disability shall refer to an irreversible physical condition resulting from accident or illness, occurring due to factors beyond the control of the Insured Party, resulting in the Insured Party being totally incapable of performing any work, occupation or remunerated activity. The amount of one-time compensation shall be that indicated in the Particular Conditions of the Policy. Death by any cause and Total Permanent Incapacity is covered by a lump sum indemnity.
- Temporary Disability: Temporary Disability shall refer to a reversible physical condition resulting from accident or illness occurring due to factors beyond the control of the Insured Party, resulting in the Insured Party being totally incapable of performing their usual profession, work, or remunerated activity.
The Insured Party shall demonstrate that he or she exercised a remunerated professional activity on a self-employed basis on the first day of disability and had to stop work completely as a result of an illness or accident, and that they are still not capable of restarting such work at the time he or she files the claim. The compensation shall consist of payment of a fixed amount for each full 30 day period of temporary disability. The compensation shall be paid for up to a maximum of 12 consecutive months per event resulting in a claim, or up to 18 accumulated months per insured party for different events, within the cover period. Once this maximum compensation has been reached, the Insured Party must work for a period of 12 months to regain the right to receive compensation. The amount of compensation shall be set forth in the Particular Conditions of the Contract.
The date of the event resulting in the claim shall be considered to be:
- For death resulting from any cause: the date of death of the Insured Party.
- For total and permanent disability cover: the date on which economic effects upon the Insured Party due to his or her condition of Total and Permanent Disability are recognised to exist by the competent Official Body.
- For temporary disability cover: the first day of disability of the Insured Party.
Irrespective of the number of insured supply contracts, a maximum limit of compensation for each insured party is hereby established of ten times the maximum compensation value established by the contract.
- Death resulting from any cause: Death of the Insured Party resulting from suicide during the first year of inclusion in the insured group is not covered. For such purposes, suicide shall refer to death caused consciously and voluntarily by the insured party themselves.
- Total and Permanent and Disability: in addition to the exclusions listed for death resulting from any cause, cover for total and permanent disability resulting from psychiatric or mental illnesses as well as nervous disorders is expressly excluded.
- Temporary Disability: In addition to the exclusions enumerated for death resulting from any cause and total and permanent disability, also expressly included shall be secondary complications from pregnancy, birth-giving of any type, pregnancy interruption, and their consequences, as well as maternity and paternity leave.