Payment Protection Plus
Insure the payment of your bills in case of unemployment or other unexpected situations.
Unemployment or temporary disability
With the Payment Protection Plus insurance we help you pay your electricity and gas bills in difficult times, such as:
|BETWEEN 18 AND 64 YEARS (BOTH INCLUSIVE)|
|Unemployment or temporary disability||¤400 after 30 continuous days in this situation and an additional ¤400 if 210 continuous days are reached. For Unemployment there is a mandatory grace period of 30 days upon contracting the insurance coverage.|
|Hospitalisation resulting from any cause||¤400 after 7 continuous days in this situation.|
|Permanent and Absolute disability||¤800|
|Death from any cause||¤800|
|BETWEEN 65 AND 79 YEARS (BOTH INCLUSIVE)|
|Hospitalisation due to accident||¤400 after 7 continuous days in this situation.|
|Death from any cause||¤800|
|BETWEEN 80 AND 98 YEARS (BOTH INCLUSIVE)|
(*) Conditions applicable to new contracts with a monthly premium of 1.95¤. Please refer to the Specific Conditions in your contract for policies with different monthly premiums.
The amount of the compensation will be used by Iberdrola to create a credit in the electricity and/or natural gas supply contract associated with the insurance policy, so you will pay nothing for your bills related to the insured contract until the compensation balance has been used up.
If you are self-employed, we also have Payment Protection Insurance for Self-employed Workers for you
Death from any cause
INFORMATION ON INSURANCE COMPANIES
This insurance product is underwritten by the Spanish branch of METLIFE EUROPE LIMITED and by the Spanish branch of METLIFE EUROPE INSURANCE LIMITED both with headquarters at Avenida de los Toreros, nº3, 28028 Madrid.
METLIFE EUROPE LIMITED, Spanish branch (hereinafter MEL), with Tax ID Number: W-0072536-F, registered at the General Directorate of Insurance under code E-0208.
MetLife Europe Limited provides the following cover: Death resulting from any cause, death resulting from accident, total and permanent disability, temporary disability, hospitalisation due to any cause and hospitalisation due to accident.
MetLife Europe Limited is a legally constituted company established in Ireland, with headquarters at "20 On Hatch", Lower Hatch Street, Dublin 2 (Ireland), registered in the Irish Trade Register under number 415123 and with Irish Tax ID Number IE-6435123T
METLIFE EUROPE INSURANCE LIMITED, Spanish branch (hereinafter MEIL), with Tax ID Number: W-0072537-D, registered at the General Directorate of Insurance under code E-0209.
MetLife Europe Insurance Limited underwrites the Unemployment cover.
MetLife Europe Insurance Limited is a legally constituted company established in Ireland, with headquarters at "20 On Hatch", Lower Hatch Street, Dublin 2 (Ireland), registered in the Irish Trade Register under number 472359 and with Irish Tax ID Number IE-9703775K.
The authority governingMetLife Europe Limited and MetLife Europe Insurance Limited is the Central Bank of Ireland, with headquarters at North Wall Quay, Spencer Dock, PO Box 11517, Dublin 1, Ireland).
INFORMATION ABOUT THE BROKER
The exclusive MEL agent shall be Iberdrola Servicios Energéticos S.A.U./span> (hereinafter the BROKER), with Tax ID Number: A-85957520, with headquarters in Madrid, C/Tomás Redondo, 1.28033 and registered in the registries of the General Directorate of Insurance and Pension Funds (DGSFP) under number E0208A85957520. Iberdrola Servicios Energéticos, S.A.U. has no direct or indirect stake in, and is not directly or indirectly under the complete or partial control of either insurance company.
LEGISLATION APPLICABLE TO THE INSURANCE CONTRACT
This policy is governed by the Insurance Contract Act 50/1980, dated 8 October, by Act 20/2015, dated 14 July, together with its implementing regulation, on the planning, supervision, and solvency of insurance and reassurance entities, by Act 16/2011 dated 24 June on Consumer Credit Contracts, as well as by the contract's General, Special and Specific Terms and Conditions and by the rules which may replace or modify current regulations in the future. Act 22/2007 on the commercialisation of remotely delivered services also applies.
In accordance with current regulations, you may lodge complaints and claims related to your insurance contract or the activities of your broker through the following channels:
- Written document directed to the Customer Service Department whose regulations are available to the interested party at the offices of the Insurance Entity or on the Web site www.metlife.es.
- Furthermore, any disputes which arise may be resolved through administrative procedures with the General Directorate of Insurance and Pension Funds at the behest of the Insurance Policy Holder, Insured Party, Beneficiary, Injured third party or holder of the rights of any of these.
- In general, all disputes will be resolved by the competent judges and courts.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
In addition to IBERDROLA CLIENTES, S.A.U.'s Personal Data Processing Terms and Conditions as detailed in the General Contract Terms and Conditions, the Insured Party is hereby informed of the specific terms and conditions applicable to the provision of the Payment Protection Plus Insurance.
In accordance with the Spanish Personal Data Protection Act (LOPD) 15/1999, dated 13 December, together with its implementation regulation, we inform you that personal information that you provide to us, such as those concerning health, will be included in files whose safekeeping is the remit of METLIFE EUROPE LIMITED, SPANISH BRANCH and METLIFE EUROPE INSURANCE LIMITED, SPANISH BRANCH and that they will be provided to the insurance broker. The information will be used to conduct the risk evaluation for your application and, in case of approval, for the management of the insurance contract in addition to the execution of commercial profiles analysis.
Furthermore, we hereby inform you that your personal data may be provided, in full or in part, to institutions collaborating with the insurance sector for statistical purposes and to help in the fight against fraud; to people or entities involved in risk analysis and claims investigations; for reasons of reinsurance; and to the parent company of the Insurance Entity or other subsidiaries in countries within the European Union, as well as to Tax Administrations to fulfil the obligation to exchange tax-related information.
The parties concerned may exercise their rights to access, rectify, object to and/or cancel their data by writing to MetLife, Avenida de los Toreros, nº 3, 28028 Madrid, and stating "EXERCISE OF LOPD RIGHTS". Should you not wish your information to be used to send you commercial information, you may object to the processing of your data to that end, simply by indicating your preference by phone on 900 20 10 40, sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to us with a copy of your identity document enclosed to Information Protection Department/Departamento de Protección de Datos, METLIFE EUROPE LIMITED, SPANISH BRANCH, or METLIFE EUROPE INSURANCE LIMITED; SPANISH BRANCH, to the following address: Avenida de los Toreros, nº 3, 28028 Madrid.
RIGHT OF DISCONTINUANCE
The Insured Party is entitled to opt out of this Insurance Contract within thirty calendar days following receipt of this contractual documentation. Discontinuance shall be by phoning 900 225 235.
The purpose of this Summary of Conditions of the IBERDROLA Payment Protection Insurance consisting in the adherence of the Iberdrola Supply Contract customer (hereinafter the "Policyholder" or "Insured Party") to the Group Policy promoted between IBERDROLA CLIENTES, S.A.U. (hereinafter, "IBERDROLA") and the Insurance Companies (hereinafter METLIFE), to benefit from cover with the scope and conditions described below. The aforementioned policies are in the possession of the Promoter of the Insurance and METLIFE, freely available to the Insured Parties and may be viewed on the IBERDROLA website, www.iberdrola.es, Products and Services, Billing and Payment Services, Payment Protection, at the end of the Conditions tab.
As the Underwriter of the Insurance, and always acting in the best interests of the Insured Parties, IBERDROLA may seek to modify the terms and conditions of the Group Policy or replace the Insurance Companies, duly communicating such changes to the Insured Parties.
PROMOTER OF THE INSURANCE
The promoter of the Insurance Policy shall be IBERDROLA CLIENTES, S.A.U., with Tax ID Number: A-95758389, registered address at Plaza Euskadi 5, 48009 Bilbao (Bizkaia) and address for taxation purposes at C/ Tomás Redondo 1, 28033 Madrid, hereinafter IBERDROLA.
BENEFICIARY OF THE POLICY
The Beneficiary for all cover shall irrevocably be IBERDROLA CLIENTES, S.A.U.
The amount of compensation shall be used by IBERDROLA to create a credit in the electricity and/or natural gas Contract held by the Insured Party and covered by the insurance. In the case of cover for Death, including Accidental Death, in the event of the absence of other family members of the Insured Party living in his or her home, the referred to benefit may be used, but only by one of his or her legal heirs and for the aforementioned supply or another Iberdrola supply.
PREMIUM AND PREMIUM PAYMENT
The Policyholder/Insured Party agrees to take responsibility for making premium payments, the amounts of which are established in the Particular Conditions of the Contract. The price shall be updated annually according to the variation of the Consumer Price Index (hereinafter CPI) on 1 January of subsequent years while the contract is in force, with the variation corresponding to the RPI, including the reassessment of the insured capital. The CPI shall be calculated according to the actual accrued value, for the November-to-November period of the year before the application of the increase, of the general CPI published by the Spanish National Institute for Statistics
The insurance is established through the payment of individual monthly, bimonthly, or trimonthly premiums for each of the Insured Parties based on the appropriate rates. The premium will be included in the electricity and/or gas invoice.
The cover provided by this Policy shall become effective, as long as the Insured Party fulfils the Conditions for Membership, on the same day as the supply of electricity and/or natural gas contract held with IBERDROLA, and to which the insurance is linked, becomes effective, except if the insurance has been contracted for a date after the supply of electricity and/or natural gas, in which case cover will become effective at the time this Insurance is Contracted.
This insurance shall remain current as long as: the collective policy is in effect (in the event of cancellation of the collective policy, the cover for each individual Insured Party shall be cancelled on the same date as the end of the corresponding cover period with the last premium payment by the Insured Party); the premium is paid; no compensation has been paid out as a result of the cover for death resulting from any cause, accidental death, or total and permanent disability; the supply contract remains current; and the Insured Party is younger than the maximum age stipulated in each one of the policies. The Insured Party is authorised to cancel the insurance whenever they deem appropriate, on provision of at least 30 days notice in writing.
CONDITIONS FOR TERMINATION OF THE CONTRACT
Membership of the Collective Policy shall be terminated as a result of:
Non-payment of the Premium within established periods (art. 15 of the Insurance Contract Act).
Withholding or inaccuracy of information on the declaration by the Insured Party (Art. 12; Art. 89 and Art. 90 of the Insurance Contract Act).
Voluntary termination on the part of the Insured Party, by providing notice to IBERDROLA or Insurance Entities at least 30 days in advance.
Voluntary termination on the part of the Insurance Entities, by providing notice to the Insured Party at least 60 days in advance.
COMMUNICATION OF CLAIMS
Events of death resulting from any cause, death resulting from accident, total and permanent disability, temporary disability, unemployment, hospitalisation due to any cause, and hospitalisation due to accident, shall be notified to METLIFE at the earliest possible opportunity. Such events shall be communicated to the offices of METLIFE (email@example.com; 900 201 040; Fax 91 725 32 93).
For the processing of the claim the beneficiary or legal heirs shall present to MetLife the claim declaration form and attach, based on the specific cover concerned, the following documentation:
Original Copy of the Death Certificate.
- Total and Permanent Disability
Original of the Proposal and Decision of the Social Security administration in which the permanent disability is declared total.
Letter of dismissal.
Unemployment request in which the beneficiary is shown as the seeker of employment, or proof of receiving the unemployment benefit.
- Temporary Disability
Initial leave form.
Leave confirmation forms.
Medical certificate in which the start date (diagnostic) of the ailment that has resulted in temporary disability is shown.
Work history certificate at the date of the event resulting in the claim.
Medical report of admission into hospital indicating diagnostic, the treatment received and the dates of admission and release (with times of entry into and exit from hospital)
Work history certificate at the date of the event resulting in the claim.
In case of accident, first aid certificate and/or complete legal proceedings.
Compensation resulting from cover under this insurance contract shall be subject to tax in accordance with legislation current at the time.
All money amounts shall be calculated, and all premiums and benefits shall be paid in the Spanish currency in force at the time of payment.
SUMMARY OF THE SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF THE PAYMENT PROTECTION PLUS INSURANCE OF POLICY 40128
Membership terms and conditions:
The following conditions must be met by individuals to be eligible to receive this insurance cover:
- They must be named as the holder of the electricity and/or natural gas supply contract issued by IBERDROLA.
- Be over 18 and under 76 years of age. Insured party between 65 and 75 years of age may enlist for cover against death resulting from any cause, death resulting from accident, and hospitalisation resulting from accident.
- Not be a disabled person or in the process of applying for disability status with the competent official bodies.
- Be a resident of Spain.
Cover provided by METLIFE EUROPE LIMITED (death resulting from any cause, death resulting from accident, total and permanent disability, temporary disability, hospitalisation due to any cause, and hospitalisation due to accident) and METLIFE EUROPE INSURANCE LIMITED (Unemployment):
- Death from any cause and accidental death: The amount of one-time compensation shall be that indicated in the Particular Conditions of the Policy. Insured parties shall be insured under the cover for death resulting from any cause up to 80 years of age. Insured parties shall be insured under the cover for death resulting from accident up to 99 years of age.
- Total and Permanent Disability: For the purposes of this insurance, Total and Permanent Disability shall be understood as an irreversible physical condition resulting from accident or illness occurring due to factors outside the control of the Insured Party, resulting in the Insured Party being totally incapable of performing any work, occupation or remunerated activity. The amount of one-time compensation shall be that indicated in the Particular Conditions of the Policy. Insured parties between 18 and 65 years of age shall benefit from this cover.
Unemployment: To make a claim, the Insured Party must meet the following requirements:
Having been working with an indefinite work contract in the company causing the unemployment.
Be unemployed as a result of wrongful dismissal or reduction in workforce (not due to improper conduct).
Be registered with the National Employment Agency as fully unemployed and actively seeking a new job.
The compensation shall include a set payment, payable upon 30 consecutive days of proven unemployment. Should this situation continue for 210 consecutive days, additional compensation for the same amount shall be paid. A maximum of two compensation payments shall be made. After the insured party returns to work, should the two compensations not have been fully paid out, at least six months of continuous employment shall pass before a new claim may be made. The amount of compensation shall be set forth in the Particular Conditions of the Policy. There is a mandatory grace period of 30 days upon purchasing the insurance.Insured parties between 18 and 65 years of age shall benefit from this cover.
- Temporary Disability: Temporary Disability shall refer to a reversible physical condition resulting from accident or illness occurring due to factors beyond the control of the Insured Party, resulting in the Insured Party being totally incapable of performing their usual profession, work, or remunerated activity. Such situation of disability must begin before the insured party turns 65 years old. The compensation shall include a set payment, payable upon 30 consecutive days of proven disability. Should the situation of disability continue for 210 consecutive days, additional compensation for the same amount shall be paid. There shall be a maximum of two compensation payments. The amount of compensation shall be set forth in the Particular Conditions of the Policy. Insured parties between 18 and 65 years of age shall benefit from this cover.
- Hospitalisation resulting from accident: The amount of the compensation shall be that established in the Particular Conditions of the Policy and include a single payment once a seven-day hospitalised continuous period has taken place as a result of an accident. Insured parties between 65 and 80 years of age shall benefit from this cover.
- Hospitalisation resulting from any cause: The amount of the compensation shall be that established in the Particular Conditions of the Policy and include a single payment once a seven-day hospitalised continuous period has taken place as a result of an accident or illness. Insured parties between 18 and 65 years of age shall benefit from this cover.
The insured party shall in no case whatsoever have a right to compensation for two covers simultaneously. Unemployment cover shall be limited to those individuals who, on date of the event resulting in the claim, fulfil the eligibility requirements defined section 3. (Unemployment). Conversely, temporary disability cover shall be limited to those individuals who are actively working and, on the date of the event resulting in the claim, do not fulfil the eligibility requirements for unemployment cover. Likewise, only those people who are not actively working on the date of the event resulting in the claim shall be covered for Hospitalisation resulting from any cause.
To regain the right to receive compensation once the two payments established as maximum compensation have been made:
- In case of Unemployment the insured party shall have worked for at least 12 continuous months with an indefinite work contract.
- In case of Temporary Disability, the insured party shall be working for 12 continuous months and fulfil the conditions for benefiting from the Unemployment cover.
- In case of hospitalisation resulting from any cause or accident: At least six months shall pass from the date of the previous event having led to a claim to opt once again for compensation.
The cover for death resulting from any cause or accident and for total and permanent disability shall be paid out only once
The date of the event resulting in the claim shall be considered to be:
- For death resulting from any cause and accidental death: the date of death of the Insured Party.
- For total and permanent disability cover: the date on which economic effects upon the Insured Party due to his or her condition of Total and Permanent Disability are recognised to exist by the competent Official Body.
- For temporary disability cover: the first day of disability of the Insured Party.
- For unemployment cover: the date on which the Insured Party is informed by the employer of the termination of the employment contract.
- For the cover for hospitalisation resulting from any cause and accident: First day of the hospitalisation.
Irrespective of the number of insured supply contracts, a maximum limit of compensation for each Insured Party is hereby established of ten times the maximum compensation value established by the contract
- Death resulting from any cause: Death of the Insured Party resulting from suicide during the first year of inclusion in the insured group is not covered. For such purposes, suicide shall refer to death caused consciously and voluntarily by the insured party themselves.
- Accidental death: in addition to the exclusions for death from any cause, risks covered by the Consortium for Insurance Compensation are also excluded.
- Total and Permanent Disability: in addition to the exclusions listed for death resulting from any cause and accidental death, cover for total and permanent disability resulting from psychiatric or mental illnesses as well as nervous disorders is expressly excluded.
- Unemployment: Wrongful dismissal or reduction in workforce underway on the date on which the individual applied for the insurance or which is notified during the coverage grace period. Termination or natural expiry of a fixed-term employment contract or a temporary employment contract. Early retirement, even if an allowance is received from the National Employment Agency. Dismissal or reduction in workforce when the employer is a close relative of the insured client. Unemployment following an occasional, part-time, or temporary job.
- Temporary Disability: In addition to the exclusions enumerated for death resulting from any cause, death resulting from an accident, and total and permanent disability, the following exclusions shall also apply: accidents occurring or diseases contracted or initiated during the effective date of this Insurance, any accident or illness suffered by the Insured Party as a result of the effects of alcohol whenever a percentage of alcohol is detected in the blood that is greater than that legally permitted for traffic by motorized vehicles or as a result of any drug not prescribed or administered by a doctor, infractions, recklessness or serious negligence by the Insured Party, incapacity derived from hernias or lumbago, the secondary complications of pregnancy, giving birth of any type, pregnancy interruption, and the consequences of the aforementioned, as well as maternity and paternity leave.
- Hospitalisation resulting from any cause or accident: Accidents or illnesses occurring or which have started before the effective date of this Insurance, or if all due premium payments have not been made. Hospitalisation not required for a medical or surgical reason. Back pains (except in the case of medical evidence or pathological injury). Any accident suffered by the insured party due to the effect of alcohol whenever a rate of alcohol in the blood is detected that is higher than that legally authorized under traffic and motor vehicle rules, or as a result of any drug not prescribed or supplied by a doctor.