Off-line Uninterruptible Power Supplies
SEPEC, DVR ...
SEPEC: Short Electrical Disturbance Elimination Systems (SEPEC)
The Short Electrical Disturbance Elimination System, or SEPEC, is a device intended as an emergency system to protect continuous industrial processes against disturbances in the electrical voltage wave caused by short electrical disturbances, overvoltage, voltage dips and short interruptions of the power received from the grid, ensuring continuity of electric power supply in the event of emissions or disturbances affecting normal operation.
Unlike a UPS (on-line), these systems operate in stand-by mode and offer greater reliability and longer useful life, they entail lower operation and maintenance costs, and require a lower initial investment.
The analysis and implementation of this type of projects includes the following activities:
- Initial data collection and preliminary analysis of the events that have taken place in the power network and of the problems that have happened in the customer's installations.
- Initial diagnosis of the customer's situation and preliminary report where applicable or conducting of a supply quality audit.
- Results report, which includes the proposed solutions and recommendations for protecting the installations against the detected electrical disturbances.
- Turnkey contract for the execution of the measures.
- Follow-up and monitoring of the results obtained.
In addition, you benefit from Iberdrola's advantages and guarantees:
- We offer you a tailor-made solution: preliminary analysis, preliminary diagnosis and results report (including solutions, recommendations and a financial analysis of the solution).
- We help you implement the proposed improvement measures, as we take care of the execution of the measures with our own means or using approved third parties.
- Credit facilities up to 24 months.
DVR: Dynamic voltage restorer (DVR)
In those cases where the processes or equipment are found to be sensitive to voltage dips or overvoltage and the disturbances to be protected from are exclusively of this type, customers can use a Dynamic Voltage Restorer system called DVR.
The DVR system is based on a flexible power compensator which, by injecting or absorbing energy, is capable or correcting any input voltage deviations to provide an extremely stable output voltage with immediate response.
The DVR system guarantees the grid's quality, for the aforementioned disturbances, while meeting the demands of industrial production processes.
It offers other advantages such as:
- It eliminates voltage dips up to 50% in depth.
- It minimises the required investment.
- It does not require a storage battery or other energy storage components.
- Peak compensation.
- Balanced and unbalanced voltage drop compensation.
- Automatic by-pass.
- High efficiency (for low voltage: 97.5% and for medium voltage: 98.5%).
With Iberdrola's guarantee and reliability.