WE WANT TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR GAS BILLS.
Each section is explained in detail below.Footnote (*)
- Bill details
- Bill summary and consumption
- Information and quality seals
- Information related to your supply
- Know the details of your billing and consumption
- Useful information
- Contact Channels
The name of the Iberdrola Group Company which issues the bill is displayed on the upper left-hand corner of the bill, along with its corresponding Tax ID Number. Either IBERDROLA CLIENTES, S.A.U. or IBERDROLA COMERCIALIZACIÓN DE ÚLTIMO RECURSO, S.A.U. are displayed.
Reference to the type of bill (electricity, gas, etc.) is displayed on the upper right-hand corner
The “Bill details” with the following information follows
- Billing period: Indicates the corresponding billing period's start and end dates.
- Bill number: each bill you receive is assigned a different code for identification purposes.
- Bill issue date: indicates the moment at which Iberdrola issues the corresponding bill.
- Charge date: details the date when the charge corresponding to this bill will be processed at your bank. If you are subscribed to the Fixed Fee service, instead of the charge date the Fixed Fee charge date will be detailed.
- Contract holder: displays the name of the person who appears in the contract.
- Corporate Tax Code (CIF): this is the tax ID code, in the case of a legal person.
- Supply contract reference: the code identifying your contract. When carrying out any transaction, our customer service channels will request this code for identification purposes.
- Fixed monthly rate payable: shows the amount paid monthly when you are subscribed to the Fixed Rate service.
- Total bill amount: this is the total amount, including all the items detailed in your bill. If you are subscribed to the Fixed Fee service, this data is provided for information purposes only.
In the data for sending the bill are displayed:
- Sender: Iberdrola Group company which remits the bill. Either IBERDROLA CLIENTES, S.A.U. or IBERDROLA COMERCIALIZACIÓN DE ÚLTIMO RECURSO, S.A.U. are displayed.
- Bar code: Reference for automated document processing on behalf of Iberdrola.
- Name and postal and supply addresses: mailing address for sending the bill. These may differ from the contract holder name and supply address, which is shown below this mailing address.
Bill summary and consumption
In the middle of the back of your bill we display a “Bill summary” for Energy, Services contracted and the corresponding VAT.
You may also verify the “Consumption” displayed in a graph to the right of the “Bill summary”. This chart details the natural gas consumption in kWh during the preceding 13 months. In this way, in addition to seeing the progress of your consumption, you will be able to compare your consumption of the most recent period with the same period the previous year. The highlighted horizontal line indicates your contract's average consumption. When consumption is estimated, the corresponding bar in the graph will be striped.
We also provide information on average consumption in euros for the period billed as well as for the last 12 months.
Information and quality seals
On the lower part of the back of your bill we offer information that may be of interest to you.
“We help you understand your bill” includes important information on your bill. For example, if your bill is Fixed Fee, we remind you that you have contracted the Fixed Fee service and what it entails. We will also use this section to notify you when relevant events affecting your bill occur, such as, for example, a change in energy prices or services.
Furthermore, in the last part, you will find messages on advantages you could obtain through various services offered by Iberdrola.
On the right side, you see seals of:
- AENOR: Iberdrola quality management system certification seal granted by AENOR (Spanish Association for Standardisation and Certification), a private, non-profit body. This certification guarantees that the Quality System adopted by Iberdrola complies with the requirements imposed by the UNE-EN ISO 9001 Standard.
- CONSUMER ARBITRATION: IBERDROLA COMERCIALIZACIÓN DE ÚLTIMO RECURSO, S.A.U. and IBERDROLA CLIENTES, S.A.U. are members of the Consumer Arbitration System for conflict resolution. Thereby, if you lodge a complaint against IBERDROLA and a satisfactory response is not received within 30 days, you can send it to the corresponding Arbitration Board for those cases where IBERDROLA has submitted to this arbitration, due to the nature of the matter being the responsibility of the retailer. More information is available at lodge a complaint.
The PEFC label at the bottom of your bill certifies that the paper used for billing comes from sustainably managed forests and controlled sources.
Information related to your supply
At the top of the back of the bill appears the “Information related to your supply” section, which provides all the data needed for knowing the characteristics and information of your gas supply.
- Metering device: with the code identifying your metering device or counter.
- Supply contract reference: the reference code for your contract. Our customer service channels will request this code for identification purposes when carrying out any transaction.
- Access contract number: reference of the supply contract with the distribution company.
- Supply point identification (CUPS): Universal Supply Point Code. Code that enables the supply point to be identified by any distribution company or retailer. This is analogous to a supply ID number.
- Method of payment: indicates the selected payment method for paying your bills. In most cases, payments are made by direct debit. When payment is not made through direct debit, a bar code is displayed on the back of the bill. In this case, payment is to be made at agreed banks upon presentation of the bill itself.
- Details of the entity, IBAN, BIC and Wire Transfer Code for direct debit payments.The last digits of the IBAN are hidden in order to assure the confidentiality of customer bank-related information.
- Grid Access Tariff (ATR): tariff corresponding to your supply point, for accessing the grid.
- Prices of the tariffs: indicates the prices applied to the tariffs.
- Duration of the contract: marks the date on which the contract ends and, therefore, will be renewed or terminated. Renewal is automatic; therefore, you do not need to do anything.
- Tax address: the address registered with the Public Administration for tax-related purposes.
Know the details of your billing and consumption
The “Know the details of your billing and consumption” section shows the breakdown of the energy and services billed.
ENERGY: includes items related to energy supply.
- Monthly fixed charge: The amount paid for service availability. The price depends on the subscribed rate (determined by your annual consumption).
- Consumption billed: The amount for consumption during the billing period. It is obtained by multiplying the consumption in the period (kWh) by the price per kWh.
- Discounts: Displays the saving obtained, if discounts apply.
- Natural gas tax: This is a tax on natural gas calculated by multiplying the billed kWh usage by 0.00234 €/kWh, equivalent to 0.65 €/GJ, as established in the Spanish Tax Measures for Energy Sustainability Act (Law 15/2012 of 27 December).
SERVICES AND OTHER ITEMS: includes items connected to other non-energy-related services, if they have been subscribed.
- Metering equipment rental: It is calculated by multiplying the number of days in the billing period by the monthly meter rental price, unless the meter is owned by the customer, in which case it is not subject to billing. This price is regulated by the Administration.
- Other types of services, such as the Iberdrola SME Support Service, may be displayed. This amount is calculated by multiplying the number of billing period days by the monthly service price, when the customer has subscribed to this service. Discounts may also be displayed, if applicable.
TOTAL ENERGY, SERVICES AND OTHER ITEMS: shows the total amount to be billed for energy, services and other items detailed in the preceding sections. VAT is added to this amount.
- VAT: Value Added Tax. The applicable rate is applied to the sum of the aforementioned items. In the Canary Islands, the IGIC and in Ceuta and Melilla, the IPSI, are the applicable rates, respectively.
- TOTAL BILL AMOUNT: is the final payable bill amount.
On occasions, more than one billing line for a given item may be displayed. This is the case when a change in the applicable prices occurs within a given billing period.
Under the billing details appears information related with your “Consumption”. The previous and current meter readings and their corresponding dates are given. In the case of natural gas, consumption is measured in cubic metres (1 m3 = 1,000 litres).
Subtracting the previous reading from the current reading gives the natural gas consumption in cubic metres of this billing period. For the purpose of billing these m3, they must be converted into energy consumption in kilowatts-hour (kWh). To do so, the Correction Factor and Upper Calorific Value (PCS) are used, the values of which are set forth by ENAGAS and the Official State Gazette.
Different types of readings may exist:
- The actual reading is the value read on the supply meter on the corresponding date by the distribution company.
- The estimated reading is a value calculated by the distributor company, using the consumption logs as a basis and per a formula regulated by the Ministry of Industry.
Remember, you can choose the self-reading option, i.e. you can provide your meter's reading yourself through the Customer Service telephone number 900 225 235 or through our On-line Office so that it will be included in your next bill.
Different modes for contacting Iberdrola are provided:
- 24-hour Customer Service: Any enquiry or information request may be made through 900 225 235.
- Technical Support Service: In the event of any incident related to the various services contracted with Iberdrola other than the energy supply, we offer an exclusive customer service telephone number staffed by specialized agents.
- Grid Breakdown Service: Specific telephone number for notifying of grid-related breakdowns and emergencies.
- You may also go to any of our Customer Service Points. Your bill provides contact information for the two closest to your address.
- Our website. Using our Query mail box.
- And now, you may also follow us on www.twitter.com/TuIberdrola and on www.facebook.com/IberdrolaClientes.
The shown images are an example of Iberdrola's gas bill. There may be differences with a real invoice.