Protection for consumers with less economic means
Social Bonus for vulnerable consumers
The Social Bonus is a Government-regulated mechanism that seeks to protect vulnerable consumers with lower economic possibilities. The mechanism consists of applying a 25% discount on the total bill of customers who have signed up for the Voluntary Price for the Small Consumer (VPSC).
You can request it providing you meet one of these requirements:
You must also be signed up for the Voluntary Price for the Small Consumer (VPSC), and the supply for which you are requesting it must correspond to your main residence.
|Documentation||Pensioner||Families with more than four children||Desempleados||Power < 3kW|
|Social Bonus application signed by the contract holder|
|Declaration of responsibility signed by the contract holder|
|Current census certificate of the contract holder showing that the contract is intended for electricity supply at his/her primary residence|
|Photocopy of the ID card (DNI) or of the residence permit number (NIE) of the supply contract holder|
|Photocopy of the last electricity bill|
|Certificate showing that the applicant is a pensioner, issued by the competent authority specifically for the Social Bonus application (1) Download|
|Photocopy of the current large family card issued by the competent authority of the autonomous region (2)|
|Photocopy of the book containing the family details (libro de familia) (in the case of family units with two or more members) (3)|
(1) The holder must be aged 60 or older and be a Social Security pensioner receiving retirement, permanent disability or widowhood benefits, and receive the minimum amounts in force at any given time for those types of pensions for holders with dependent spouses or holders with no spouses who live in an individual economic unit, as well as recipients of the former Compulsory Old-Age and Disability Insurance pensions and non-contributory retirement and disability pensions over 60 years of age.
(2) The holder is a member of a large family, as established in Act 40/2003, dated 18 November, on the Protection of Large Families.
(3) The holder is part of a family unit where all the members are unemployed. Those applicants and members of the family unit who, not being pensioners, do not carry out any work activity as employees or self-employed workers are considered to be unemployed.
How do I apply for the Social Bonus?
If you meet any of the above requirements, you simply have to follow these steps:
- Form Complete this sign-up application form. We will send you the application forms by regular mail, which you will have to return to us together with the supporting documents.
- Sending of documentation Send all the documents listed in the Requirements section for the application through the following channels:
Consumers are required to inform us of any change that results in the loss of the right to receive the Social Bonus within one month of the date on which the change occurs. You can waive the Social Bonus by sending us the cancellation request document [PDF] duly completed through any of the following channels: