Offer, Technical features ...
Offer: SPECIALISED ADVICE AND TURNKEY PROJECT
Iberdrola's surge protection service includes advice from specialist staff who will take your needs into account, study your case and make a turnkey offer for the best solution to protect your installation against transient and permanent surges.
The analysis and implementation of the entire surge protection installation project for electrical installations includes the following activities:
- Collection of all available information that might be of interest for the execution of the project (lightning conductor presence or coverage, risk of lightning strikes, surge categories of existing equipment, distances between the main surge arrester and the receivers to be protected, etc.).
- Technical visits to determine the installation's characteristics, such as the rated voltage, pulse withstanding voltage, insulation coordination for equipment, connection type, proximity of transformer station, characteristics and size of the earthing network and network type.
- Analysis of the information collected.
- Report with recommendations on the design and the most appropriate protection solutions in each case.
- Assembly, wiring and interconnection of the surge protection installation.
- Start-up and tests.
To select the right protection, the following must be taken into account:
- Permanent surges are those that exceed 10% of the rated voltage value over several cycles or permanently, usually caused by neutral faults in the distribution grid, faulty connection in the neutral conductor, receiver impedance fluctuation and/or load curve fluctuation.
- To maximise the continuity and safety of the installation’s service, the transient surge arrester must be connected between the circuit breaker output and the differential switch input.
- The protection devices for surges from atmospheric impulses must be selected so that their protection level is lower than the pulse withstanding voltage for the type of equipment and materials that are to be installed.
Legislation: CURRENT REGULATIONS
The Iberdrola surge protection service allows you to protect your electrical installations in accordance with current regulations:
- Protection of interior or receiver electrical installations against transient surges (td < 10ms), in accordance with the “Additional Technical Instruction for Low Voltage: ITC-BT-23”, by using circuit breakers that reduce the voltage values caused by atmospheric discharges, network switching and network faults, at lower voltage values than those that their receivers can withstand.
- Protection of interior or receiver electrical installation against permanent surges (>10% Vn), in accordance with article 16, section 3 of the “Electrotechnical regulations for Low Voltage”, increasing safety for users and preventing damage to materials and receivers.