Since January 1st the Wholesale and Retail Business [PDF] includes: Spain, Portugal, United Kingdom, Mexico and Continental Europe have been integrated.
This integration focuses on launching a new form of management to maximize the benefits of Group working on key points:
- Optimisation of the organizations
- Delivery of additional synergies
- Increased operational efficiency
- Identify activities with growth potential
Taxes increase by 330%
During the first quarter of 2013, the main keys have been:
- Gross Margin recorded an increase of 11.1%, totaling €1,355.6 million.
- This area recorded Ebitda of €749.7 million in the first three months of 2013, a decline of 9.5%. Higher production and a broader customer base in the UK helped offset the increase in taxes. Compared to the same period last year, levies on these businesses rose 330.4% to €252.1 million.
- In Spain, Ebitda dropped 11.9% to €476.9 million, because, although Operating Expenses dropped, the increase in Levies overrides this effect as well as Gross Margin growth for the business.
- In the UK, Ebitda from this business area amounted to €183.5 million (-13.8%).
- Ebitda in Mexico (Regulated Generation) rose 5.1% to €97.6 million.
- IBERDROLA installed capacity in Spain (ex-renewable) reached 19,382 MW. At the end of the first quarter of 2013, the portfolio managed by the Company amounts to 14,809,488 contracts.
- In the UK (ex - Renewables SPW) rose to 6,025(*) MW, and has 3.4 million electricity customers and 2.2 million gas customers.
- In Mexico, the installed capacity amounts to 4,987 MW. Electricity supplied in the first quarter of 2013 increased to 7,790 GWh.
- Facilities such as the Company has exploded in USA and Canada in the first quarter of 2013, totaled 2.41 bcm.
Wholesale and Retail BUSINESS EBITDA BREAKDOWN (% AND € MILLION)
Includes Cockenzie because, even the central closed on March 15th
2013 for operational purposes, had produced 85% of the days of the quarter.