Since January 1st the Wholesale and Retail Business [PDF] includes: Spain, Portugal, United Kingdom, Mexico and Continental Europe have been integrated.
This integration focuses on launching a new form of management to maximize the benefits of Group working on key points:
- Optimisation of the organizations
- Delivery of additional synergies
- Increased operational efficiency
- Identify activities with growth potential
Taxes increase by 67.3%
During the first nine months of 2013, the main keys have been:
- Gross Margin recorded an increase of 6.1%, totaling €3,403.5 million.
- This area recorded Ebitda of €1,531.6 million in the first nine months of 2013, a decline of 8.9%, impacted by a 67.3% rise in levies and taxation to €810.9 million.
- In Spain, Gross Margin totaled €2,278.8 million (+11,0) and the Ebitda dropped -10.3% to €1,088.0 million. Production rose 2.4% in Spain helped by increased rainfall benefitting hydro.
- In the UK, Gross Margin totaled €754.5 million (-0,6) and the Ebitda from this business area amounted to €186.9 million (-4.4%). The customer base in the UK has increased.
- In Mexico (Regulated Generation) Gross Margin totaled €368.0 million (-1.2) and the Ebitda reached €284.3 million (0.2%) without any growth regarding the same period in 2012.
- IBERDROLA Installed capacity in Spain (ex-renewable) reached 19,379 MW. At the end of the first nine months of 2013, the portfolio managed by the Company amounts to 14,923,961 contracts.
- IInstalled capacity in the UK (ex - Renewables SPW) amountedto 4,865(1) MW, and has 3.4 million electricity customers and 2.2 million gas customers.
- In Mexico, the installed capacity amounts to 4,987 MW. Electricity supplied in the first nine months of 2013 increased to 25,083 GWh.
- Facilities such as the Company has exploded in USA and Canada in the first nine months of 2013, totaled 2.44 bcm.
Wholesale and Retail BUSINESS EBITDA BREAKDOWN (% AND € MILLION)(2)
This includes a reduction of 1,152 MW due to the closure of Cockenzie last 15th
Adjustment corresponds to Gas US&Canada contribution.