Since January 1st the Wholesale and Retail Business [PDF] includes: Spain, Portugal, United Kingdom, Mexico and Continental Europe have been integrated.
This integration focuses on launching a new form of management to maximize the benefits of Group working on key points:
- Optimisation of the organizations
- Delivery of additional synergies
- Increased operational efficiency
- Identify activities with growth potential
At the end of 2015 first quarter, the main keys have been:
- Generation and supply area recorded Ebitda of €781.4 million, a drop of 11.4% resulting from lower hydro output in Spain and a fall in extraordinary income from gas in Spain and the US compared to the first quarter of last year.
- In Spain Ebitda came to €432.2 million, due to a 17% drop in production and higher costs in the generation mix.
- In the UK, Ebitda came to €173.5 million reflecting on the one hand increased costs and on the other increased gas sales.
- In Mexico it rose 7.7% to €130.2 million driven by new contracts and renegotiation of existing agreements under more favourable terms.
WHOLESALE AND RETAIL BUSINESS EBITDA BREAKDOWN (% AND € MILLION)Note (*)
EE.UU and Canada Ebitda not included.