Since January 1st the Wholesale and Retail Business [PDF] includes: Spain, Portugal, United Kingdom, Mexico and Continental Europe have been integrated.
This integration focuses on launching a new form of management to maximize the benefits of Group working on key points:
- Optimisation of the organizations
- Delivery of additional synergies
- Increased operational efficiency
- Identify activities with growth potential
Generation & Supply EBITDA falls 11.7% to Eur 1,261.9 M driven by lower results in Spain and US Gas business
At the end of 2015 first half, the main keys have been:
- Generation and supply area recorded Ebitda of €1.261,9 million, a drop of 11.7%. The Generation and Supply business was affected by several non-recurring positiveimpacts accounted for in the first half of 2014, which affect the year-on-year comparison: the extraordinary hydroelectric production and the extraordinary impact of gas in Spain, as well as the good conditions for the gas business in the US and Canada.
- In Spain Ebitda came to €744.8 million, due to a -16.1% drop in production and higher costs in the generation mix. Eur 43 M positive impact in Gas business accounted for in H1 2014. in ohter hand, levies up Eur 55 M, basically due to Eur 111 M of CO2 allowances accounted for in Q2 14.
- In the UK, Ebitda came to €203.6 million reflecting on the one hand increased costs and on the other increased gas sales. Retail business improves primarily as a result of higher volumes and better margins in gas offsetting lower margins in power due to regulated costs.
- In Mexico it rose +63.1% to €255.1 million basically as a consequence of the renegotiation of contracts with negative impact in H1 2014.
WHOLESALE AND RETAIL BUSINESS EBITDA BREAKDOWN (% AND € MILLION)Note (*)
EE.UU and Canada Ebitda not included.