Renewables EBITDA up 22.7% to €1,126.5 million driven by the recovery in Spain and strong UK performance
During the first nine months, EBITDA by geographical areas have been:
- In Spain, EBITDA was €353.8 million with a (-5,5%) drop in production of energy compensated by a recovery in prices.
- Renewables in the UK recorded EBITDA of £219.4 million in a year marked by an increase in operating capacity (+30.3%) and the startup of West of Duddon Sands, IBERDROLA's first offshore wind farm.
- In the US, EBITDA from renewables came to $396.9 million, affected mainly by lower output (-7.0%) vs same period in 2014, due to climate conditions in the West.
- In Latin America, EBITDA came to €45.6 million, as a consequence of higher output (+16.2%) in Mexico and Brazil.
- In the rest of the world, EBITDA came to €70.2 million, underpinned by a better load factor that increased production by 13%.
RENEWABLES BUSINESS EBITDA BREAKDOWN (%)