Since January 1st the Global Networks Business [PDF] includes the energy Transmission and Distribution businesses, as well as those of any other regulated nature, originating in Spain, the United Kingdom, the United States and Brazil. This will implement best practice in Group´s Networks business:
- Increase the quality and reliability of supply
- Optimise Operating Expenses
- Leverage the transformation based on technology
- Identify business growth opportunities
Networks EBITDA up 17.1% to Eur 1,806.3 M with growth in all geographies.
The magnitudes during first half 2015 have been:
- EBITDA from the networks businesses was 17.1% to €1806.3 million during the first half 2015.
- By geographical areas, networks business:
- In Spain, EBITDA from networks increased +8.2% to €754.1 million as a consequence of positive settlements and efficiency measures.
- In the UK, EBITDA reached €563.8 million (+16.3%) driven by higher revenues deriving from a larger asset base from the investments carried out.
- In the United States, networks increased EBITDA by €360 million (+15,2%), with results affected by IFRS – US GAAP adjustments to be offset in 2015 second half.
- In Brazil, EBITDA it stood at €128.4 million rising 166.9%as the drought had no impact in the accounts as in the first half of 2014.
REGULATED BUSINESS EBITDA BREAKDOWN (% AND € MILLION)