Since January 1st the Global Networks Business [PDF] includes the energy Transmission and Distribution businesses, as well as those of any other regulated nature, originating in Spain, the United Kingdom, the United States and Brazil. This will implement best practice in Group´s Networks business:
- Increase the quality and reliability of supply
- Optimise Operating Expenses
- Leverage the transformation based on technology
- Identify business growth opportunities
Growth in all countries
The magnitudes during first quarter 2015 have been:
- EBITDA from the networks businesses was 24.1% to €966.8 million between 2015 January and March.
- By geographical areas, networks business:
- In Spain, EBITDA from networks increased +15.1% to €398.9 million as a result of investments and efficiency measures.
- In the UK, EBITDA reached €231.1 million (+22.7%) driven by higher revenues deriving from a larger asset base from the investments carried out.
- In the United States, networks increased EBITDA by €214.1 million, thanks to the lower expenditure.
- In Brazil, EBITDA it stood at €226.8 million as the drought had no impact in the accounts as in the first quarter of 2014.
REGULATED BUSINESS EBITDA BREAKDOWN (% AND € MILLION)