Since January 1st the Global Networks Business [PDF] includes the energy Transmission and Distribution businesses, as well as those of any other regulated nature, originating in Spain, the United Kingdom, the United States and Brazil. This will implement best practice in Group´s Networks business:
- Increase the quality and reliability of supply
- Optimise Operating Expenses
- Leverage the transformation based on technology
- Identify business growth opportunities
Improvement in all countries except Spain
The magnitudes during 2014 have been:
- EBITDA from the networks businesses was 5.6% higher at €3,534.8 million in 2014.
- By geographical areas, networks business:
- In Spain, EBITDA from networks decreased -0.8% to €1,438.5 million explained by the impacts during the last 12 months of RDL 9/2013. This negative impact was partially compensated by efficiency programmes put in place and investments from previous years.
- In the UK, EBITDA reached €1.024.8 million (+9.1%) driven by higher revenues deriving from a larger asset base from the investments carried out.
- In the United States, networks increased EBITDA by 7.5% to €772.0 million, thanks to the contribution from the interconnection between the US and Canada.
- In Brazil, EBITDA rose 25.3% (€299.5 million), reflecting the positive effect of new accounting norms for regulated assets, which compensated the impact of the drought.
- As in Spain during 2014, IBERDROLA managed more than 10.9 million supply points and the total energy distributed amounted to 61,052 GWh, a 5.1% more compared to the same period of the last year.
- In United Kindom, IBERDROLA distributed to almost 3.5 million customers. The volume of energy distributed was 18,920 GWh, representing an decrease of 5.1% in relation to the previous year.
IBERDROLA USA had 1.8 million electricity supply points in the United States. The energy volume distributed to date was 17,549 GWh with a variations of -2.4% compared with the previous year. Also, the number of gas users is 0.6 million, with a supply of 40,870 GWh, +30.4% more compared with the previous year.
- In Brazil, IBERDROLA has distributed through Neoenergia (Coelba, Cosern and Celpe) and ElektroNote (2), a total of 54,010 GWh, which represents an increase of 3.4% over the last year. The number of clients was 12.7 million.
REGULATED BUSINESS EBITDA BREAKDOWN (% AND € MILLION)