IBERDROLA has undergone a profound transformation since the beginning of this century, allowing it to become Spain's largest energy group, one of the five largest European electricity companies by market capitalization and the world leader in operating wind energy. The Group has achieved total installed capacity of 45,000 MW and has 32.6 million supply points providing energy for some 100 million people around the world.
This positive evolution has been made possible thanks to a strategic vision that has enabled IBERDROLA to anticipate the needs of the energy sector. Over the coming years, the company will continue to develop its sustainable, long-term business model. To that end, it will continue to undertake its investment programme totalling €11.2 billion for the 2014-2016 period, primarily earmarked for the areas of electricity transmission and distribution networks and renewable energies within its flagship markets.
IBERDROLA´S success is due to its strategy developed in three stages:
Thanks to this international diversification, IBERDROLA today combines a talent pool that brings together different cultures, languages and traditions, which faces the future as a single and great team.
IBERDROLA will carry out an intensive investment programme between 2014 and 2016 amounting to a net €9.6 billion (gross €11.2 billion) focused on projects and countries enjoying stable and predictable regulatory frameworks.
Of this amount 46% (€4.4 billion) will be allocated to new infrastructure and the remaining 54% (€5.2 billion) to maintenance and improvements.
The Company will allocate the largest share of investments to the UK with 41%, followed by Latin America (nearly 23%) with most of this in Mexico and the United States (17%).
Investments will be conditioned on favourable market and regulatory frameworks existing in each country, with a progressive reduction in Spain until the investment climate improves. The negative impact of Spanish energy reforms on Group accounts is projected at €1.31 billion in Ebitda in 2014.
Group investments will concentrate on electricity transmission and distribution with 57% of the total, followed by renewables with 22%, and other generation with 19%. Regulated businesses - networks, renewables and regulated generation - account for 88% of total net investments.
The Company's central goal is to focus on activities with growth potential, and strategy will accordingly centre on:
For more information look up 2014-20146 Outlook section, Outlook 2014-2016 Presentations and Press Release, videos and audios published on the occasion of the Outlook event celebration on February 19 2014.